Last revised: 12 September 2018
withJorge (Omotenashi Platform) is the general term for services provided by using data coordination and data utilization platform (hereinafter “This service”) constructed by Deloitte Tohmatsu Consulting LLC (hereinafter “DTC”)
DTC recognizes the need and importance of protection of personal information as defined in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (hereinafter the “Act on the Protection of Personal Information” or the “Act”) in operation and provision of this service. To ensure rigorous protection of personal information, DTC complies with the basic policy below concerning protection of personal information, and familiarizes all involved personnel in this service with this policy
- Basic Policy
- DTC complies with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, guidelines issued by relevant authorities, and other laws and regulations concerning proper handling of personal information.
- DTC acquires personal information in a proper manner, and except as otherwise provided for by law, uses such information within the purpose of utilization of personal information that has been disclosed in advance, was informed or explicitly stated at the time of receipt.
- In order to prevent loss, alteration or leakage of personal information, DTC implements appropriate security controls for handling of personal information including information security.
- DTC reviews, on a regular basis, its management system and efforts for the protection of personal information to attain continuous improvement.
- Handling of Personal Information
- Purposes of Utilization of Personal Information
- ①To introduce and/or provide various services to be offered or rendered by this service;
- ②To provide information through publications (including newsletters and other information provided on websites, by email, and by other means) issued by this service, and to provide information on sales and/or subscriptions of such publications;
- ③To inform of and operate various seminars and study sessions;
- ④To make proposals, take statistics, conduct researches and respond to requests for advice from public organizations concerning services provided by this service, and to otherwise engage in contribution to society;
- ⑤To respond to various inquiries from you; and
- ⑥To implement comprehensive risk management based, inter alia, on the requirements for compliance with laws and regulations and quality control.
- As a rule, DTC does not provide personal data to any third parties, except where such provision is permitted by applicable laws or regulations, or where the person is deemed to have consented to such provision under the purpose or policy of applicable laws and regulations.
- In principle, DTC does not provide personal data to a third party country (hereinafter a country or region located outside the territory of Japan)
- When DTC provides personal data to a third party in a foreign country, it provides the personal data only to a person establishing a system conforming to standards prescribed by rules of the Personal Information Protection Commission as necessary for continuously taking action equivalent to the one that it shall take concerning the handling of personal data, or it provides personal data only when a consent on such provision to a third party in a foreign country is obtained in advance from the principal.
- DTC strives to keep personal data accurate and up to date within the scope necessary to achieve a utilization purpose.
- In order to prevent loss, destruction, alteration or leakage of personal information, DTC safely manages personal information and takes appropriate information security measures against unauthorized access, computer viruses.
- 3． DTC implements appropriate control over personal information under the individual responsible for the management of personal information appointed by DTC.
- This individual ensures that DTC is observing the appropriate handling of personal information in its day-to-day business by offering training programs focused on protection and proper management of personal information for partners, directors and other staff.
- DTC appropriately supervises its personnel and its trustees with respect to the handling of personal information.
- Upon receiving a request on any personal data retained, such as a request for disclosure, correction and utilization cease, etc. under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, DTC will appropriately meet such request pursuant to applicable laws and regulations.
- For specific procedures: Please contact us via the online contact form of the website of this service (hereinafter “this website”). You will be informed individually.
- You have complaints, opinions or questions regarding the handling of personal information by this service; please contact us via the online contact form of this website.